Welcome to ICTC's WIL Digital Application!Please note for placements starting in May 2019:
We cannot accept new applications for placements that have already started as per the start date listed in the application.
For placements that have not yet started, please continue with your application as funding is available. If the placement starts soon, please complete the forms as quickly as possible to secure your spot in ICTC’s WIL Digital Program.
Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Digital is a national program to develop talent for the emerging IT sectors, support businesses, and increase digital adoption in Canada. Here are some key facts about WIL Digital:
- WIL Digital provides opportunities for students to work, learn on the job, and contribute to their employers.
- WIL Digital offers subsidies to employers who create work opportunities for students.
- WIL Digital creates industry-education partnerships and explores innovative work- integrated learning models.
- WIL Digital is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program.
What is the WIL Digital Subsidy?
WIL DIGITAL subsidizes placements to create important opportunities in emerging technology for students from science, technology, engineering, math (STEM), and business programs to acquire the work experiences they need to prepare for jobs in high-demand IT fields.
Our program focuses on emerging IT and digital sectors including Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Fintech, Intelligent Retail and Advanced Manufacturing. However, Entertainment and Gaming, E-health, Connected Transportation, Big Data and Green Technology are also eligible for wage subsidies.
Why Work with ICTC's WIL Digital Program:
- Our application is clear and easy to complete - on average employers complete it in about 20 min. In fact, we have designed each step of the subsidy process with the employer and student in mind, so each step is clearly outlined and is not cumbersome to complete.
- By focussing on the emerging technology we are putting students in the jobs of the future.
- It is a great opportunity to be a part of the training of students interested in emerging technology!
Would you like more information on the eligiblity critera or do yo have a specific question?
Are you ready to apply?
Visit the resources tab to review our Application Guide Pages and FAQs.
Employers, you will need the following information before starting your application:
- Business Registration Number;
- Comprehensive Liability Insurance;
- The number of students your company hired for a paid job placement between April 1 2017 and March 31, 2018;
- The number of students your company intends to hire for paid job placements between April 1st, 2018 and March 31st, 2019;
- Other information including job description, salary, student and company information will also be required.
Students, you will need the following information before starting your application:
- Proof of citizenship / residency;
- Proof of full-time registration in an academic institution; and
- Details on your placement.