Welcome to ICTC's WIL Digital Application!Please note for the Fall 2019 placements:
We can not accept new applications for placements that have already started.
For placements that have not yet started, please continue with your application as funding is available.
Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Digital is a national program focused on developing talent for the IT sector, support businesses, and increase digital adoption in Canada. Here are some key facts about WIL Digital:
- WIL Digital provides opportunities for students to work, learn on the job, and contribute to their employers.
- WIL Digital offers subsidies to employers who create work opportunities for students.
- WIL Digital creates industry-education partnerships and explores innovative work- integrated learning models.
- WIL Digital is funded by the Government of Canada's Student Work Placement Program.
What is the WIL Digital Subsidy?
WIL DIGITAL subsidizes student work placements to create important opportunities in emerging technologies for students from science, technology, engineering, math (STEM), arts, social sciences and business programs to acquire high-demand IT skills.
WIL Digital subsidies are offered to eligible companies across Canada to hire eligible students for work placements. A subsidy is either…
- 50% of the wages paid for a period not exceeding 4 months (approximately 16 weeks), and capped at $ 5000; or
- 70% of the wages paid for a period not exceeding 4 months (approximately 16 weeks) and capped at $ 7000 for employers hiring students from one of the following underrepresented groups: women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), Indigenous students, recent immigrants (arrived within last 5 years), persons with disabilities and first-year students.
Why Work with ICTC's WIL Digital Program:
- Our application process is quick and easy – can be completed in 20 minutes!
- Together, we at ICTC and you, the employer, can influence the future of the Canadian digital economy!
- By hiring and training students within a coop, you can develop future leaders within Canada’s digital economy!
Would you like to have more information on the eligiblity criteria or do you have a specific question?
Are you ready to apply?
Visit the resources for our Application Guide Pages and FAQs .
Employers, you will need the following information before starting your application:
- Business Registration Number;
- Comprehensive Liability Insurance;
- The number of students in your company hired for a paid job placement in the fiscal year prior to participating in WIL Digital program;
- The number of students you intend to hire between April 1st, 2019 and March 31st, 2020;
- Other information including job description, salary, student and company information will also be required.
Students, you will need the following information before starting your application:
- Proof of citizenship / residency;
- Proof of current registration in an academic institution; and
- Details of your placement.